Tuesday 20 January 2015

Evaluation: Question 2

HOW EFFECTIVE IS THE COMBINATION OF YOUR MAIN PRODUCT (VIDEO) AND ANCILLARY TEXTS (DIGIPAK AND ADVERT) ?


RESEARCH INITIAL IDEA SYNERGY
Presentation Synergy from neeka_xo


This is a collage of how I have used synergy throughout my music video and digipak. I have used a grey brush tool to show where and how I have used synergy; the first way I decided to use synergy is through the use of costume as it was our first costume in the music video Roc The Life - I feel this costume best describes our artist and the feel for the video itself which is fun, relaxed and energetic. 
Also I used the same colours from our colour palate of our music video which was black, blue and white I used these within the fonts which are consistent throughout the magazine advert and digipak as this is a convention of ancillary products. 
Also I have used the location  Kings Cross in my digipak inside to draw in more synergy and visual links, I have screen shots of Sanaa flicking her hair as this was the motif for the ancillary products and music video.


This is an example of official artists using synergy. When looking into Jessie J's album Who You Are - Straightaway we notice the clear colour palate of black, white and gold and this is carried out through the music video Do it Like a Dude she has a costume related around these colours as you can see from my screenshot above. Also there are various close ups of her make up as in her album cover and advertisement she has the same studded lip gloss, as shown above in the music video she has studded lipgloss therefor makeup is carried throughout all products. The same signature hairstyle is used which I would class as her motif as she has this throughout all music video's from this album. The grey brush shows where synergy is used.
In Rihanna's album LOUD we can see that the red filter is carried throughout also the red hair, and red makeup which tells us that the colour palate for her album is red as its carried out through the digipak, magazine ad and music video. We have the same locations which I have circled with the grey brush. Although we cannot see the costumes in the album cover I believe that the costume would be the same as it shows off flesh which is what we would expect as the angle of her image on her album cover gives the perspective that Rihanna is nude. 

No comments:

Post a Comment