Tuesday 20 January 2015

Evaluation : Question 1


Evaluation : Question 1:
" In what ways does your media products use , develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?"

In terms of conventional real media products , some theories have been made about music video , here is a quick recap of two theories .

Andrew Goodwin



Carol Vernallis

 


In terms of what main ideas of these theorists i followed in my music video i followed :
Goodwin's :

  • Singer as both a narrator and character in the Music Video
  • Verse and Chorus 
  • Repetition of shots 
  • Visual link of sound to image

Vernallis's :

  • Editing more frequently - to the beat
  • Obvious Edits
  • Base track editing
  • Camera Movement .
I was also influenced by many music videos during the planning stages of my music video . In which , I was influenced by different aspects of artists/bands such as Rita Ora and Cover drive , these influences have helped me follow and develop the conventions of a music video , which I show in this Camtasia video !

Challenge or Follow the conventions of a music video :



As well as my Music Video being conventional , my other media products of my ancillary work- which consists of my Digi Pak and Advertisement follow the conventions of a promotional package as well.



As stated in my Slideshow , which I made using Canva - an amazing graphic design website , then uploaded on to Kizoa , here are my influence for my promotional packages:
Overall , my music video does develop the conventions of a conventional video as it follows the theories , as well as other pop music video conventions . This is also similar to my ancillary work which follows the layout and use of minimal colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment