Tuesday 16 December 2014

Mock Up / Potential Look for Digi Pak and Advertisement

 
 
Mock up Of Potential Digi Paks :
 
 
Now that our Music Video is done and that we have learnt what is needed to make a Digi Pak , in lesson today we recapped the codes and conventions of real digi paks .
 
After recapping this as a group we had to discuss collectively what our collective theme would be in our digi paks , and what colours , pictures and even fonts we might all want to use on our own ancillary products , as the Music Video was a group effort and production , which means in our individual ancillary work we have to have some of the same elements .
 
After our productive brainstorm , we started to make our own mock ups of our digi paks , considering our collective elements that we discussed  in a group and I made this as my potential digi pak front and back :
 
 
What I want to keep in my real digi pak is the idea of having a image of a medium shot or medium close up , cause this is a conventional element which allows audiences to immediately see the artist first . Also , the layout of my front cover , I want to continue this idea of anchoring ( keeping the artist image and artist name close to each other) this allowing the audience to straight away associate the artist name with the artist image .
 
What I would change or improve, is what type of fonts I would use , as for example , as I was drawing and handwriting these it was quiet hard to make a particular font , also I wasn't sure yet what type of font I want to use . Also , I wasn't sure what type of background I want to go for such as a plain white background or a one with graffiti or blue lights .

Inside of Digi Pak :

 
Here I continued to use a medium shot image of our artist Sanaa however her posing different , but still wearing the same thing , this creating less confusion visually for our audience . Also , the CD inside of the album will consist of the same font for the artist name and also album cover , this following the conventions of just using no more than two fonts .
One thing I would change or improve is the background as at this point I'm not sure what I could use as a background but this will soon be changed as I start to do more research !
 
Advertisement:
 
 
 When starting my advertisement , I was quite unsure of the ways I could lay it out, so this lead me to recall what conventions and codes appear on a advertisement . The conventions that appear on a advertisement are the artist name and image , reviews of the artist , out now label , record labels/logos , social medias and availability of the album and where . Here , conveying the anchoring as well as the rule of thirds was hard to presents on a hand made version of my advertisement. However , I tried to show it through the use of the text taking up most of the space , however , due to problems with printing a bigger sized imaged ; I had to stick to this small image , but for my real advertisement I will definitely uses a bigger image .
 

No comments:

Post a Comment