Friday 26 September 2014

Lipsyncing Tutorial and Final Cut Pro pratice !

Lip-syncing Tutorial
 

In today's lesson , we were given a tutorial on lip-syncing and how it interlinks to editing in Final Cut Pro . This tutorial focused on base track editing , this is a key aspect we must consider when filming our own music videos as it will help make editing our footage a lot more easy and convent meaning more availability to consider the visual appearance and pleasure which we intend to achieve .
We practiced editing a music video of the genre Rock in which we was supplied with the footage already :
 
 
1) Firstly , I started by dragging the Original Soundtrack down to the bar , in which I locked the sides to keep it in place , after this I was then able then to look at all the different footages and then Mark the beginning word of the footage , after doing this with all the footage I was then able to drag the different footages of the band,  in which lead to layers building up meaning I had all my footage on , which looks something like this :
 














2) Secondly , after building up my footage ,  I then had to edit to the rhythm of the song which is shown on the picture which is on every beat of 4, I marked the clips, therefore the edits will change in time with the beat of the song , this refers back to Vernallis 's theory of changes within the music video .


(Here the read marks on the top of the timeline show the marking of every 4 beats which match the beat of the original soundtrack )


3) After placing the footage , soundtrack and markers , it was time to use the Blade tool to cut each section from every 4 beats , in which created a sort of brick wall which I was then able to delete the different clips that I didn't want so it would make my music video jump cut to different scenes , this giving a more appealing look for an audience to watch .









No comments:

Post a Comment